“Before you are a leader, success is about growing yourself. When you become a leader, success is about growing others.”
– Jack Welch.
Leaders play pivotal roles in leading a business and an organization. They hold the lion’s share of accountability for the success of an organization. Studies have shown that differences in the quality of leadership explain as much as 45 percent of an organization’s performance. The important question to ask is therefore How to Become A Good Leader? Not all leaders are born. Leadership skills can be learned and, and leaders groomed through formal training, hands-on experiences and coaching. For every organization wanting to achieve success, developing leaders should be of paramount importance.
The Path to great leadership starts with a deep understanding of the strengths you bring to the table.
– Gallup Press.
The Leadership Roadmap
Harvard Business Review
The Leadership Development Cycle
The Leadership Profiling & Business Simulation Tools provided and used by us:
- PeopleKeys® by The Institute for Motivational Living Inc., USA.
- WorkPlace Big Five Profile™ 4.0 including the Standard Leader Report & Leadership Competencies (Potential) Report by Center for Applied Cognitive Studies, USA.
- Change Navigator™; Change Style Indicator®; Influence Style Indicator®; Decision Style Profile® by Discovery Learning Inc., USA
- Belbin Team Roles
- Leadership Practices Inventory: LPI®
- Strengths Finders 2.0 (Strengths Based Leadership) from Gallup
- Emotional Intelligence Report from BarOn EQ USA
- Multifactor Leadership Questionnaire 360 Leader’s Report (Transformational Leadership)
- Profile XT® Leadership Benchmark Report
- Matrix Leadership Report, Supervisory Skills Report, Legacy Leadership Report (with multi-raters) and Leadership Styles Report from USA.
- Saville Wave® Leadership Report
- Various leadership simulation tools from MTA Learning and Northgate UK, Discovery Learning and HRDQ from US and Simdustry from German.
Our Experiential Approach to Leadership Development Key Principles in Our Leadership Development Programs
Our leadership development solutions are designed based on the latest trends in leadership development:
Various leadership assessment and profiling tools
“I’ve never met an effective leader who wasn’t aware of his talents and working to sharpen them.”
– Former NATO Supreme Allied Commander Wesley Clark (The New York Times Magazine).
Leadership assessment and profiling tools, including 360° feedback are essentials for leaders to have deeper understanding about their strengths, talents and limitations. Personal leadership begins with self-awareness. With greater self-awareness, leaders are able to capitalize on their strengths and work on their limitations. With deeper knowledge of how different behavioral styles or traits come into play at work or relationship, leaders can more effectively communicate, surround themselves with the right people and maximizing their teams.
Application-based and simulation instead of theoretical and academic-based
We incorporate experiential learning, simulation activities and blended methods to complement conceptual lectures and presentations to create a more relevant and highly impactful learning & developmental experiences. Program contents are customized according to the trainees’ needs and issues rather than as prescribed courses.
An ongoing development journey instead of an one-off development
Rather than limited to one-off classroom-training, leadership development continue to take place in the workplace. To ensure sufficient developmental support are given at all times, we provide continuous learning experience to trainees through ongoing coaching and mentoring experiences. Depending of the needs and area of growth, we run customized on and off-site training or learning sessions such as Graduate Development Program (GDP) for fresh graduates to 2 years of working experience, Executive Development Program (EDP) for junior level and not more than 5 years working experience, Management Development Program (MDP) for assistant managers and above, and Senior Management Leadership Program.
Role of the facilitators
Instead of being an expert and supplier, our facilitators play the role of a partner, coach and collaborator to support trainees’ learning and development experience through effective coaching and mentoring.
The 70:20:10 model
We adopt the 70-20-10 model advocated by the Center for Creative Leadership (CCL) to achieve optimal learning for successful leaders. The 70:20:10 model is considered one of the best guideline for learning and development and has been widely employed by organizations throughout the world.
Different Models of Formal Leadership Development
Holman (2000) has developed a comprehensive summary of the four models of leadership development:
- Learn through lectures, seminars, talks and case studies to enable leaders to analyse and apply theoretical principles.
- Example: MBA classes and Leadership Conferences.
- Learn through group work, action learning and self-development/training workshops to equip practitioners with appropriate practical skills and knwledge and ability adapt to the situation.
- Example: 2 or 3 days leadership training workshops (public or in-house)
- Learn through competence based approaches such as leadership competencies training, competency gap analysis to create competent managers./li>
- Example: Customized training for individual Leadership Development Plan Nased on the leader’s competency profile.
- Learn through crucial business simulation learning, coaching and critical reflection to create critical practitioners who are able to challenge and develop new modes of action.
- Example: On the job training, modular leadership workshops followed by action learning, assignments and coaching.
Some of the International Bestselling Leadership Development Programs offered by us:
The Leadership Challenge Program
Back by 25++ years of original research and data from over 3 million leaders, The Leadership Challenge® is immensely practical and hands-on, designed to inspire, engage, and help participants develop leadership skills needed to meet the current fierce, competitive and ever more challenging leadership roles ahead. The core curriculum is structured around seven components, including five independent modules that focus specifically on each of The Five Practices of Exemplary Leadership®.
Transformational Leadership Program
This program is based on The Full Range Leadership Model created by researchers Bass & Avolio (1993), which is arguably the most comprehensive and extensively validated leadership model used worldwide today. The Full Range Leadership Model describes the distribution of leadership behaviours, ranging from completely passive (laissez-faire) to transactional behaviours to transformational behaviours. The program will harness senior leadership skills in terms of coaching and mentoring other leaders, strengthening the leadership pipeline in an organization, and enhancing organizational synergy and business sustainability.
“An excellent, concise certification program focused on the competent use of the assessment tool – WorkPlace Big Five Profile™ 4.0. I learned so much in 4 days and it added weights to my professionalism in managing talents and coaching.”
Assoc Prof. Dr. Tang Siew Fung
Dean of Learning & Teaching, Taylor’s University