Team Development /
“Talent wins games, but it’s teamwork that wins championship”
In an effective team, everyone understands how to contribute in ways that support team outcomes; that go above and beyond what any individual could accomplish alone. But teamwork isn’t easy.
One of the most common feedback about the effectiveness of team building is that the beneficial effects are often not sustained. How so? Most of the team building programs designed and organized are just activities-based, not structured, lack of adoption of effective methodologies, without the usage of validated framework & range of supporting learning tools. Therefore this does not give substantial depth to the team building program, and most of the time fun is preferred more than real in-depth learning and team engagement.
Most team building programs currently serve only as team bonding and relationship building events.
A team cannot be transformed into a high performing, effective one with just a two or three day team building program. It is a deliberate process and involves dedication and hard work over a period of time, and it will only be successful if the organization’s leadership takes on a very active and highly visible role.
The 4 areas of team development
- Team Assessment
- Not many organizations conduct team assessments within their departments. In order to build an effective team, we need to assess the level of effectiveness and cohesiveness of the team.
- There are various team assessments
- The Five Dysfunctions of a Team
- The Five Behaviors of a Cohesiveness Team
- The GPRI Team Assessment
- The Drexler-Sibbet Team Performance Indicator
- Team Models
- There are various team models which we can use to understand team growth in order to build a high performing team.
- These models are
- Bruce Tuckman Team Stages Model
- The Five Behaviors of A Cohesive Team Model
- The GPRI Model
- The Drexler-Sibbet Team Performance Model
- Team Roles Profiling
- It is essential to understand the strengths of each member in the team in order to build a strong, balanced and capable group of team players, all of whom can contribute to the team goals and success.
- Some team profiling tools are
- Belbin Team Roles & Belbin Team Profile
- WorkPlace Big Five Profile Team Report
- Parker-Team Player Survey
- Team Management System Individual and Team Report
- DISC Team Radar Analysis & TEAMS Styles Profile
- Team Activities and Exercises
- Experiential team activities and simulation games are learning metaphor and developmental intervention for teams to build bonds, improve team communication, enhance cohesiveness, and generally to develop and grow into a better team.
Our new signature themed programs
- Team Building with
- First Aider Certification & Jungle Survival Simulations
- Self-Defense Learning and Martial Arts
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- The Fish Philosophies
- Themed Team Building
- Sun Tzu Art of War
- Guardian of the Galaxy / Hunger Games
- Too Fast Too Furious
- Amazing Race Series – Urban, Extreme, Fear Factor, Heritage, Shopping Mall Scavenger …etc.
- The Five Behavior of A Cohesive Team
- Belbin Team Role
- Survival Island & Nature
- Customized team building programs
Modularized Team Effectiveness Programs
“On behalf of the Human Relations team of Continental Tyre PJ Malaysia Sdn Bhd, I would like to take this opportunity to place on record our appreciation for the excellent team building workshops you conducted with us for 1.5 years in a row. Fish Camp Learning has many good simulation tools and good experiential activities that are catered according to our needs and objectives. DISC Personality Traits Assessment is for example one of the most beneficial one to our team where we have applied in the areas to increased communication efficiency amongst the Human Relations team members. What I would also like to highlight is your capability to adopt the agenda during the workshop in order to ensure the best result and the most emotional team empowerment. Your continuous support has allowed the Human Relations team to achieve immeasurable progress and it continues to strive towards even better success.”
Fish Camp really lives up to their motto “Building Teams, Moulding Leaders.”
Head of Human Relations
Continental Tyre Malaysia